My first ever book tag post! I’m so excited to jump in and answer questions 🙂
1. Why did you start this blog? I started this blog for the sole purpose to talk about bookish topics. I want to be part of a community that feels the way I do about books and the fandom.
2. What are some fun and unique things you can bring to book blogging? I read a variety of genres and not the same ones repeatedly. Nothing wrong with sticking to what you like, but I don’t see many others talking about adult fiction or even erotica.
3.What are you most excited for about this new blog? I’m most excited about being able to say what I want about books I read or gush over bookish items. There have many times when I want to talk about a book I just read, but I don’t have anyone to chat with.
4. Why do you love reading? I love the way reading can immerse you into the world you are reading about. You know that feeling of disorientation after diving into a book? Yeah, I love when that happens. Not knowing reality from fantasy. Just me? Okay…
5. What book or series got you into reading? As a child, I struggled with learning to read. Once I got the hang of it, I read most of the Baby-Sitters Little Sisters series. I was so into that series, that I talked my parents into letting me get a mullet just like Karen in the book 🤦🏽♀️
6. What questions would you ask your favorite authors? I would ask James Patterson what inspired him to write chapters the way he does. For Janet Evanovich, I would ask where she gets the humor from for her Stephanie Plum series.
7. What challenges do you think starting a blog will be the hardest to overcome? Posting regularly might be a challenge due to procrastination. I may set a goal of posting once a week, eventually setting a specific day, and then maybe posting twice a week!
8. When did you start reading? I started reading around age 7, stopped around 9. Picked up again at 12, thanks to Harry Potter (that year Goblet of Fire came out). I stopped reading from 13-15. At 15, my grandfather gave me a copy of Cradle and All by James Patterson. I haven’t stopped since.
9. Where do you read? I read in my rocking chair, in bed, sometimes in the kitchen while I’m cooking. I read in my van while in the car line for school pickup and at doctors offices. Basically, anywhere I can.
10. What kind of books do you read? I read young adult: paranormal/fantasy, contemporary, thriller, and some sci-fi. In adult fiction, it gets a bit more elaborate. Romance: western, paranormal, fantasy, contemporary, erotica, “forbibdden”, new adult, and reverse harem. Thrillers are mostly of a crime/court nature (think James Patterson). Contemporary is mostly random whatever catches my attention. I stay away from horror. I cannot handle scary books, I’m too chicken! As far as non-fiction goes, I have to be interested to be able to read it.